Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 24 cupcakes| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 40m
- 1 18.5-ounce box of yellow cake mix (plus ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2 8-ounce bars of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 24 pieces of candy corn
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn.
By Kate Merker, October 2009, realsimple.com
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.